Saturday, December 15, 2012

WeLL I MaDe IT

Well I am home and adjusting. I just wanted to post one last post that has do to Jerusalem (there might be more for pictures if I can figure out how to fix the picture problem that I have). This is an entry from my journal that I wrote while sitting in the Garden of Gethsemane and it somewhat sums up these last three and half months for me.

"Well this is probably the second to the last chance I will have to come to the Garden of Gethsemane. How did I get so lucky to be here? I just keep thinking about mom's email that said something to the affect of 'just think, you out of all the children of Heavenly father are here on this world and not only that, you are in that place, able to walk and be taught where the Savior taught. Where he lived, and where he suffered and died for you.' All I can say is "oh it is wonderful to me." No I probably won't see Him today or anytime during my mortal life but if I did I will be able to say that I love and know Him. I don't need to see to have faith or to know that I have a Savior who atoned for my sins and suffered for my trials so that He would know me infinitely and intimately. I have been given the gift of peace while here in Jerusalem. I feel myself becoming whole and complete. I still have stuff to work on and I know that I will continue to face trials but if I can keep the growth that I have had here I will be able to face them head on and will be able to endure to the end. I know it is true. I know it is real and I know I will have the opportunity to wipe my Savior's feet with my tears and will be able to thank Him in at least a small way. I won't be able to fully repay Him but I know He doesn't expect us to. All He asks for is a broken heart and a contrite spirit, doing our best to follow Him and His commandments. I feel His love for me and I just hope and pray that I can return it by my actions and that I can share the truth of this gospel to those I come in contact with. I am so grateful for this chance and for the knowledge and feeling that everything is going to be ok."

Jerusalem was a life changing experience for me. I don't think I could ever fully express my gratitude for my chance to live there and to learn and experience the things I did. It is something that words just can't describe. I loved it and will miss it a great deal but I know that I now need to focus on using that knowledge and growth and press forward in life. Blooming where I am planted and trusting in the Lord and His plan for me.

No comments: